Federal Skilled trades program

This immigration stream allows individuals with work experience in a specific skilled trade (see list below) to obtain Canadian permanent residence. In order to qualify you must have at least two years (or equivalent) of full-time work experience in an eligible skilled trade obtained within last five years. You must also meet certain other requirements, such as:

  1. You must have a Certificate of Qualification from a provincial or territorial body in Canada OR a job offer from up to two employers in Canada; and
  2. You must have minimum language proficiency in English and/or French (Canadian Language Benchmark level 5 for speaking and listening, and level 4 for reading and writing), and you should be able to demonstrate your language skills through approved language test.

Only applicants having at least two years’ work experience in the following skilled trades are eligible to apply:

  1. NOC Group 72: Industrial, electrical and construction trades,
  2. NOC Group 73: Maintenance and equipment operation trades,
  3. NOC Group 82: Technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production,
  4. NOC Group 92: Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators,
  5. NOC Group 632: Chefs and cooks; and
  6. NOC Group 633: Butchers and bakers.

 Go back to Skilled Workers

Profile Competency Report

Our highly popular Profile Competency Report (PCR) will give you a bird's eye view of all immigration options relevant to you. Only a qualified Canadian immigration lawyer is best suited to assess your case through broad spectrum of Federal and provincial immigration categories. The lawyer will write a report specific to your profile and circumstances. Order your report today and decide your future course of action.

order report